Eligible Small Businesses in Unincorporated Summit County Can Apply for a Relief Payment
Applications will be accepted Monday, January 18, 2021 through Sunday, February 7, 2021 at 11:59 pm.
As part of Summit County’s ongoing COVID-19 emergency response and recovery strategy, the County will be administering and distributing funds received from the Colorado Department of Local Affairs Small Business Relief Program.
One-time relief payments are available to locally owned small businesses that have been impacted by COVID-19 restrictions including restaurants, bars, breweries, wineries, distilleries, fitness clubs, caterers, and movie theaters.
Unincorporated Summit County businesses that are currently operating, and have a reduced revenue of at least 20% due to capacity restrictions from public health orders, may be eligible for funding.
- Businesses with less than $500,000 in revenue (2019) may receive up to $3,500.
- Businesses with revenue between $500,000 and $1 million (2019) may receive up to $5,000.
- Businesses with revenue between $1 million and $2.5 million (2019) may receive a payment up to $7,000.
All qualified businesses will receive a relief grant. Award amounts will depend on the total number of qualified businesses and funding made available to the county. Grant award decisions will be made during the week of February 8, 2021. Relief grants will be issued by February 12, 2021.
Businesses must meet the following requirements to be considered:
- A minimum of 20% revenue loss since March 26, 2020 due to the restrictions imposed on the business under the Governor’s Executive Order D 2020 017, ordering Coloradoans to stay at home, and the CDPHE Amended Public Health Order 20-24 implementing stay at home requirements, OR that the business opened between January 1, 2020 and March 26, 2020.
- Business is in one of the following sectors: restaurants, bars (winery, brewery, distillery), gyms and recreation centers, caterers, and movie theaters.
- Currently operating within Unincorporated Summit County’s geographic boundary.
- Valid business license and in good standing with issuing agency or a Certificate of Good Standing.
- Verification of Colorado Income Tax Account Number or Tax Exempt Certificate number.
- An affirmation of intent to operate in the state for at least six months.
- An affirmation that the business is in compliance with all public health orders.
- Qualifies as a “Small Business” by meeting the following criteria:
- Has its headquarters and is doing business in Colorado,
- Has at least one full-time employee, OR, is a sole proprietorship,
- For a small business that was operating before January 1, 2020, had annual receipts of less than $2.5 million for the 2019 calendar year,
- For a small business that began operating on or after January 1, 2020, and on or before March 26, 2020, had annual receipts of less than $2.5 million.
Businesses that are NOT eligible:
- Businesses that are located within a town limit. Please visit your respective town's website for information on their small business relief program.
- Businesses whose regular ongoing operations started after March 26, 2020.
- Corporate-Owned franchises and/or publicly traded companies.
- Businesses that do not intend to continue operating in the State for at least six months after receipt of funding.
- Businesses operating in violation of any State, Federal, or local laws.
- Nonprofit organizations.
- Short-term Rentals.
HOW TO APPLY
Step 1. Click the Register button in the top, right corner to create an applicant account.
Step 2. Verify your email address. Use the link in the Survey Monkey email to complete the verification and log in to your new account.
Step 3. Complete the Eligibility Quiz to determine if you meet the eligibility requirements (click "Save my profile" at the bottom when finished). You will receive an on-screen notification of your eligibility status.
Step 4 (eligible applicants only). Gather your W-9 form, business license, 2019 Profit & Loss statement, 2020 Profit & Loss statement, and banking information. These items are required to complete the application process.
Step 5 (eligible applicants only). Complete all tasks listed on the program dashboard.
Applications will be accepted starting Monday, January 18, 2021 through Sunday, February 7, 2021 at 11:59 pm. Unincorporated Summit County businesses are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. The window for applications is very short, and follow-up materials may be requested after application submittal to ensure businesses have met eligibility requirements.
Please contact us at email@example.com with questions.